Thursday, December 23, 2010

Swedish language Class 1



1. SENTENCE IN ENGLISH.
2. SENTENCE IN SWEDISH.
3. LITERAL TRANSLATION FROM SWEDISH INTO ENGLISH.

1. Now we are learning Swedish.
2. Nu lar vi oss svenska.
3. (Now) (learn/teach) (we) (us) (Swedish).

1. How are you?
2. Hur mar du?
3. (How) ("feel") (you)?

1. I am fine thank you.
2. Jag mar bra tack.
3. (I) ("feel") (good) (thank you).

1. Nice to meet you.
2. Trevligt att traffas.
3. (Nice) (to) (meet).

1. What's your name?
2. Vad heter du?
3. (What) (be called) (you)?

1. My name is John.
2. Jag heter Paula.
3. (I) (be called) (Paula).

1. Where do you live?
2. Var bor du?
3. (Where) (live) (you)?

1. I live in Helsinki.
2. Jag bor i Helsingfors.
3. (I) (live) (in) (Helsinki).

1. Where are you going now?
2. Vart ar du pa vag nu?
3. (Where to) (are) (you) (on) (way) (now)?

1. I am going to Vaasa.
2. Jag ar pa vag till Vasa.
3. (I) (am) (on) (way) (to) (Vasa).

1. How far is Vasa from here?
2. Hur langt ar det till Vasa harifran?
3. (How) (far) (is) (it) (to) (Vasa) (from here)?

1. Vaasa is 300 km from here.
2. Det ar 300 kilometer till Vasa.
3. (It) (is) (300 km) (to) (Vasa).

1. How are you going there?
2. Hur far du dit?
3. (How) (go) (you) (there)?

1. I'm going by bus.
2. Jag far med buss.
3. (I) (go) (with) (bus).

1. Where is the bus stop?
2. Var ar busshallplatsen?
3. (Where) (is) (the bus stop)?

1. The bus stop is over there.
2. Busshallplatsen ar dar.
3. (The bus stop) (is) (there).

1. Would you like to come with me?
2. Vill du folja med?
3. (Want) (you) (follow) (with)?

1. Yes I would love to.
2. Ja det vill jag.
3. (Yes) (it) (want) (I).

1. The let's go.
2. Kom da sa far vi.
3. (Come) (then) (so) (go) (we).

1. Thank you.
2. Tack.

No comments:

Post a Comment